Things to KNOW
- Road transport is an increasingly important mode of transport for the imports and exports of LLDCs. It is the main mode of transit transport in Africa.
Things to DO
- Ensure expansion of roads.
- Improve the maintenance of existing roads.
- Provide adequate calibration and signaling to ensure safety on the roads.
- Ensure implementation of international conventions related to road transport along with transit developing countries.
- Gradually liberalize road transport services at all levels of cooperation.
- Facilitate road operational planning and management.